When something goes wrong with your vehicle, you want to be able to trust the person working on it. One of the worst feelings is that tingly one where you realize someone may be trying to take advantage of you. And unfortunately, mechanics can have a bad reputation for this. We decided to put together a list of expectations that you can keep with you in case you’re ever left wondering if someone is trying to pull the wool over your eyes in our field.
- Mechanics should be able to quickly diagnose what your problem is and offer solutions.
- A good mechanic should fix your vehicle effectively and efficiently, within a reasonable and agreed upon amount of time.
- Excellent skills in customer service are required. A customer should feel like he or she can ask questions and get straight answers. Customers should also feel taken care of and put at ease on the possible scenarios associated with their vehicle.
- Communication skills are on-point. Plain English is much appreciated by our average customer. Though a car’s engine can be complex, no one wants to be talked to in a way that is over your head or talked down to like you are incapable of understanding the intricacies of the issue. A good mechanic can share on whatever level the customer prefers or requires. The most important piece here is that everything is clear to the customer as the decision process is made and the plans are laid out for the repairs.
- A solid work ethic is a given. Your mechanic should be committed to working hard on getting your vehicle ready to run well again.
- Certifications set a person apart. A good mechanic is certified. This is the difference between someone that is “good with cars” and someone who has a career in this field. Plain and simple. Mechanics have changed so much in the past 30 years. If a mechanic doesn’t try to stay current, he or she will be left behind and unable to work on newer modeled vehicles. A good mechanic understands the most advanced technology in the field.
All these qualities are the kind that we build our business on. We can proudly and humbly tell you that if you come into Crumpler’s Automotive, you will meet mechanics with all of these qualities and more. Our team will provide you with the best in service all-around. To make an appointment, call us at (910) 483-2958.
A HUGE THANKS to all of you that helped to make our Crumpler’s Custom Cycle Open House such a huge success! Much thanks to our whole team for helping out, all our volunteers, Open Road for playing some great music, and to all of YOU who attended! We hope to make this an annual event, and as it goes with Crumpler’s, we intend to only get better with age…!
‘Tis the season for mowing and yard work….Come get your new Husqvarna at the beginning of the season, and make life easier on yourself!
And if you’re looking for a great used vehicle or motorcycle, check out all we have at our place. We have golf carts and ATV’s too! Call (910) 483-3791 for more details.
To stay up-to-date with all that we’re doing at the shop, make sure to follow us on Facebook, and please leave us comments and provide feedback. We value hearing from you!